Review: ORLY's Smudge Fixer - the fixer for all nail polish woes?



Today I'll be reviewing ORLY's Smudge Fixer. Can it really fix those little nicks on your newly polished nails?
The idea of this product is amazing. Wouldn't this be the holy grail of all if it really worked? This product first caught my eye at TJ Maxx where I picked it up for about $3. For such a low cost, it was definitely worth a shot. To be honest I haven't used this product as much as I had expected. Today I'll show you before and after pictures, give you my thoughts on this product, and decide if it's a hit or miss! Read on for the full review!

Packaging:

  • Classic ORLY rubber grip top - useful when painting with your clumsy, non-dominant hand! I really like the shape of the handle and the weight of the brush makes it easy to paint with. I never really thought about these little details until I really had to sit down and describe it!





Before and After:

  • The directions for this product read something like this: "apply generously to wet polish in the area of a smudge" or something like that. 
  • This works best on smudges that occur right after painting. Basically the way it works (in my experience) is that it slides the wet polish to fill in the groove/dent. 
  • I have used this product a few times and I have yet to get that "aha!" moment. The pictures below represent the general effect. The polish fills in the dent, but can do nothing for the bumpy ridge (where the polish builds up in a smudge). 

Basically I am not impressed with this "Smudge Fixer". You are better off filling in a dent with some polish or just repainting the nail again. It really does nothing for dents in semi-dry nails with dents. If you apply too much it will actually fade you nail polish color in that area and basically disintegrate it.All in all, I would give this product a 2 out of 5 stars. It doesn't really help that much with smudges, but it doesn't do nothing. Know what I mean? Check out our Nail Art Design Tips!-xoxo Melissa! 

No comments

Post a Comment

2317 STUDIO

Blogging tips