Drugstore: 6 Beauty Products I Can't Live Without (under $10.00)

If you guys are anything like me, you often find yourself in a CVS looking for "one" item and end up perusing the makeup isle with a basket full of goodies. I've tried many product from many brands in search of the perfect dupe (low price version of high-end products), but have found myself 6 amazing products that I couldn't live without. I use these daily, and not as cheap stand-ins for other products, but as integral parts of my make-up/beauty routine. Five of these products are make-up related and I added an additional, non-makeup item that is my holy grail of nail polish. There are, in my opinion, five categories in which drugstore products can really shine...





Concealer:
First up is my all-time favorite under-eye concealer/highlighter. I know that there are tons of great high end concealers out there, but for my college-student budget, this concealer ticks off all the right boxes! It is the Maybelline Fit Me concealer - $6.99 at CVS. Being the palest of pales that I am, it is very hard for me to find a concealer light enough to highlight my under eye area, but shade 15 (Fair) works. I don't have crazy under-eye circles, but I definitely have some (I blame the late nights I spend watch Sex and the City). This concealer works wonders and I have repurchased again and again (something I almost never do as I am addicted to trying new makeup). I paint a giant triangle under my eyes and blend it out with my fingers. There hasn't been a day when I don't use this concealer. 
Mascara:
I most definitely cannot live without my L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Lashes mascara! It is a great dupe for Benefit's They're Real! mascara which I also love. This mascara adds length, volume, and separation to my lashes. It never clumps either! When I want more glam lashes, I layer this with my Benefit mascara for added effect, but it can really stand on its own. Best part? It's only $8.99 at CVS!

Brows:
For the brows I have found another great product. As I said earlier, I am really fair and I have medium brown hair, so most brow liners for brown hair that I have tried look sooo dark on me, but this NYC Kohl brow/eyeliner pencil in Taupe (927) is perfect. Not only does it fill in my brows exceptionally well, it is the perfect color for all my light-brown haired fellow ladies! It is really cheap ($0.99 on their website) and is much longer than a traditional pencil eyeliner, which gives you more for your money. This pencil is such a great deal, I definitely could not live without it!

Liquid Liner:
Another great product that I use everyday is my Physicians Formula felt-tip eyeliner. This is by far the best liquid liner for beginners. I myself continue to use it because it is easy to use and not at all messy like some liquid eyeliners (cough cough Milani). I have found this liner to be long-lasting and very black, all the perfect ingredients while under the $7.00 mark.
Eye Shadow (mostly used for definition instead of eyeliner)
The final make-up product on my list is this NYC eyeshadow trio in Central Park Plums. I love to put the purple color under my eyes using a damp angle brush instead of using an eyeliner pencil. This acts as a soft, smokey liner to define the eyes. It has good color payoff, and I love using the top color all over my lid on days when I don't feel like doing a whole eyeshadow look. It adds the perfect amount of shimmer and color to give you that put together look with minimal effort. The best part? Its only $3.00

And now, drum roll please! Without further ado, I would like to introduce you to the best top coat I have ever used. Ever. I'm sure you guys have heard of it on from other bloggers, and I have nothing but amazing things to say. This little bottle of sunshine is called Seche Vite, a fast drying, high gloss top coat. Apply this over any polish and it will last longer and will shine in all it's glory. I would recommend NOT to skimp when applying this, it is ok to have a little bit of polish on the brush when you apply it, it is designed to apply smoothly, almost like a gel top coat. I know what you're thinking… A product with so much praise could not be from the drugstore! Fear not my friends, it is available at CVS for $9.50! I purchased all of these products at CVS now that I think about it…
That's all I've got for today, but I urge you to check out all your drugstore options and tell me what your favorites are!

- Melissa





No comments

Post a Comment

2317 STUDIO

Blogging tips